I got these in an email, thought I'd pass them along…
Safety Tips To Protect You Against Predators
- Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do.
- If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, do not hand it to him. Toss it away from you… Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and / or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. Run in the other direction.
- If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
- Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.) Don't do this. This can give a predator the perfect opportunity to get in on the passenger side of your car. As soon as you get into your car, leave. If someone is in the car, do not drive off. Instead, gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your air bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run.
A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
Be aware: Look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most predator attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side… If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. Be wise. Be safe.
- Always take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are a common crime spot.
- If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, always run. The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely will not be a vital organ. Run, preferably in a zig -zag pattern.
If you have some safety tips to share, leave them here in my blog.
Pass these tips on to others.